We are bound by the Privacy Act and will protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. These principles govern how we can collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information.
We collect personal information from you to process your application, provide you with your product or service and manage your product or service. We may also use your information to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements in any jurisdiction, prevent fraud, crime or other activity that may cause harm in relation to our products or services and help us run our business. We may also use your information to tell you about products or services we think may interest you.
If you do not provide all the information we request, we may need to reject your application or we may no longer be able to provide a product or service to you.
We may disclose your personal information to other members of The Glove Company group, anyone we engage to do something on our behalf, rewards program administrators and other organisations that assist us with our business or in delivering rewards to you or your nominated reward recipients.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
The main reason we collect, use, hold and disclose personal information is to provide you with products and services. This includes:
- checking whether you are eligible for the product or service;
- assisting you where online applications are not completed;
- providing the product or service; and
- helping manage the product or service.
We may also use your information to comply with legislative or regulatory requirements in any jurisdiction, prevent fraud, crime or other activity that may cause harm in relation to our products or services and to help us run our business. We may also use your information to tell you about products or services we think may interest you.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect most personal information directly from you. For example, we will collect your personal information when you apply for or use a product or service or talk to us in person or on the phone.
We also collect information from you electronically. For instance, when you visit our website or whenever you apply for or access to The Glove Company Group products and services electronically.
How do we hold personal information?
Much of the information we hold about you will be stored electronically in secure data centres which are located in Australia and owned by The Glove Company or external service providers. Some information we hold about you will be stored in paper files. We use a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the security of the personal information we hold. For example:
- access to information systems is controlled through identity and access management;
- employees are bound by internal information security policies and are required to keep information secure;
- all employees are required to complete training about information security; and
- we regularly monitor and review our compliance with internal policies and industry best practice.
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information after it can no longer be used.
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why?
Generally, we disclose personal information to organisations that help us with our business. These may include:
- other organisations, who jointly with us, provide products or services to you;
- our financial advisers, legal advisers or auditors;
- fraud bureaus or other organisations to identify, investigate or prevent fraud or other misconduct;
- external dispute resolution schemes; and
- regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction.
We may also disclose your personal information to others outside the Glove Company Group where:
- we are required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so;
- you may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
Do we use or disclose personal information for marketing?
We will use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by a member of The Glove Company Group or one of its preferred suppliers. We may offer you products and services by various means, including by mail, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic means, such as through social media or targeted advertising through websites.
We may also disclose your personal information to companies outside The Glove Company Group who assist us to market our products and services to you.
If you don’t want to receive marketing offers from us please contact us.
Do we collect personal information electronically?
We will collect information from you electronically, for instance through internet browsing, mobile or tablet applications.
Each time you visit our website, we collect information about your use of the website, which may include the following:
- The date and time of visits;
- Which pages are viewed;
- How users navigate through the site and interact with pages (including fields completed in forms and applications completed);
- Location information about users;
- Information about the device used to visit our website; and
- IP addresses.
We use technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive or in memory. They can record information about your visit to the site, allowing it to remember you the next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
One of the reasons for using cookies is to offer you increased security. The cookies we send to your computer cannot read your hard drive, obtain any information from your browser or command your computer to perform any action. They are designed so that they cannot be sent to another site, or be retrieved by any non-Glove Company Group site.
We won't ask you to supply personal information publicly over Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media platform that we use. Sometimes we may invite you to send your details to us via private messaging, for example, to answer a question about your account. You may also be invited to share your personal information through secure channels to participate in other activities, such as competitions.
Access to and correction of personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask for corrections to be made. To do so, please contact us.
Resolving your privacy concerns and complaints - your rights
If you are concerned about how your personal information is being handled or if you have a complaint about a breach by us of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us.
We will acknowledge your complaint as soon as we can after receipt of your complaint. We will let you know if we need any further information from you to resolve your complaint.
We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. We strive to resolve complaints within five business days but some complaints take longer to resolve. If your complaint is taking longer, we will let you know what is happening and a date by which you can reasonably expect a response.
If you are unhappy with our response, there are other bodies you can go to.
Under the Privacy Act you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about the way we handle your personal information.
The Commissioner can be contacted at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us you can contact us by:
writing to us at The Glove Company Global Group
3 / 29 Shearwater Drive, Taylors Beach, NSW, 2316, Australia
visiting our website www.theglovecompany.com.au
Other acknowledgments and consents
- We may confirm the details of the information provided in your application which includes contacting your employer to confirm you are an authorized member of the company to utilize this rewards program
- Your application to join The Glove Company Rewards Program is not an offer or acceptance of a trading account or credit with The Glove Company.