The Glove Company Pty Limited (ABN 68 160 487 865) and its related bodies corporate, its employees, contractors and agents (TGC, we, our, us) respect the importance of protecting your privacy.
We must comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) concerning personal information of individuals.
2. OUR FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITES
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so that we can perform our functions and activities and provide the best possible customer service.
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of products and service you request from us.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to any queries about our goods and services, assess your requirements and determine the best products and services for those requirements, to receive orders for our products, to determine your capacity to pay for our products, arrange for delivery of our products, verify your identity, conduct credit checks and process payments if applicable;
- to provide customer support, including conducting, investigating and responding to enquiries, surveys, feedback, comments and complaints;
- to inform and conduct marketing activities including to promote our products and services;
- to conduct research about your interests and attitudes towards our products and services, and to improve our products and services, marketing activities and customer experience;
- to assess the performance of our website and improve its operation;
- to perform data analyses and generate customer insights which may include combining personal information from reputable data sources and public sources of information;
- to manage and carry out our business and operational functions, including HR management; and
- to maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any information about you, from which you can be identified.
We may collect your name, address, postcode, email address, date of birth, gender, employment, telephone number, payment details and proof of identity such as your driver licence.
We may collect additional personal information from you from time to time.
Personal information we collect about you may also include credit-related personal information. Credit-related information is information used and disclosed to assess your creditworthiness, assess your application for finance and manage that finance.
The types of credit-related personal information that we collect about you may include your credit liability information, repayment history information, the type and amount of finance you are applying for, past and present court proceedings, insolvency actions and credit worthiness.
We generally do not collect sensitive information about you, unless you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, when you interact with one of our staff, you may provide sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health information, religious or philosophical beliefs or political opinion and membership or affiliation information.
You consent to us collecting sensitive information which you provide to us voluntarily. If we need to collect any sensitive information for a specific purpose, we will ask for your consent.
If you are an employee or prospective employee, we may need to collect sensitive information about you and you consent to us collecting this information. For example, personnel records may include sensitive information such as place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, criminal record, tax file number, disabilities and relationship information. Recruitment records may include employment history and experience, referees and other employment related information.
You don’t have to give us all the information we request. However, if you do not provide us with some or all of the personal information required, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services or information you request, to the requested standard or at all, and you may also miss out on receiving valuable information about us and our products and services.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Where we can, we will collect information directly from you. We collect personal information when you:
- request us to provide our products and services or information about our products and services;
- contact us to make an enquiry about our products and services, including online, over the phone or in person;
- subscribe to communications from us such as updates, publications or newsletters;
- tell us about your preferences when making an enquiry or using our products and services;
- contact us to provide feedback, comments or suggestions on our functions and activities or complete one of our surveys;
- interact or engage with us through our websites or social media platforms;
- register, attend or present at an event to which we may invite you;
- apply for a job with us or become an employee, or become a supplier or contractor that provide a product or service to TGC; or
- otherwise interact with us or disclose your personal information to us.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we may collect information about you from other people or organisations.
We may combine this information with information we already have about you to help us understand trends, attributes, behaviour and preferences.
Where we receive information about you indirectly from third parties, we require that the third party confirms with us that it has collected and shared that information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Third parties we collect information about you from may include:
- agents who support the manufacture, support and deliver our products and services on our behalf;
- credit reporting bodies and providers, law enforcement agencies and government agencies to verify your identity or assess your credit worthiness;
- reputable data sources and publicly available sources of information;
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisors);
- third parties that provide market or data analysis services to us;
- third parties that conduct our surveys for us; and
- if you are a prospective employee, your nominated referee, law enforcement agencies for police checks or intermediaries such as recruitment agents and personnel providers.
5. COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
We also collect general information about you when you use our website.
This might include your geo-location, IP address, the browser and operating system you are using, and details of websites that IP address has come from, the pages accessed on our website and the next website visited.
We do this to monitor visitor traffic information and actions on our website, maintain, secure and improve our websites and enhance your experience when using our website.
This information is aggregated and anonymous, and will not be used to personally identify you.
If you want to prevent cookies being used, you can change your browser settings to disable cookies. However, you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites, or you may experience reduced functionality when accessing certain services.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TGC may disclose your personal information to our employees, agents and contractors.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our functions and activities, including:
- to any person or company assisting us with the delivery to you of any product or service ordered by you;
- to your authorised representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisors);
- to guarantors, lenders, financial institutions, insurers, valuers and credit reporting bodies and providers;
- to regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction;
- to debt collectors;
- if you are an employee, any person or company that may need to know any information to assist you in performing your work; and
- when we may be required by law from time to time.
We may also disclose personal information to our suppliers and service providers that provide products and services to us in connection with our functions and activities, including third parties who:
- deliver marketing and digital marketing services to us;
- mailing, courier and print service providers for us;
- conduct data analysis and data matching services;
- conduct market research, surveys and analysis;
- host our servers and websites;
- provide IT services;
- data processing, storage and back-up; or
- manage HR information such as payroll and superannuation.
Some of the third parties we disclose your personal information to may have servers located overseas.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
TGC may, from time to time, send direct marketing communications to you about us and our products and services that we consider you would find interesting or useful.
If you do not wish to receive such direct marketing communications, you can always opt out. If you are receiving email communications from us, there will be a mechanism to opt out contained in each of those emails. To stop receiving other communications from us, you can contact us via any of the channels listed below.
If you choose to opt out of all direct marketing communications, please note that TGC may still contact you for other reasonable purposes, including information that TGC is legally required to send, notifications of changes to TGC products and services or policies and information regarding the use, rights, benefits or obligations of customers of our products and services.
8. HOW WE HOLD INFORMATION AND KEEP IT SECURE
TGC holds your personal information both electronically, on our own servers and those of our service providers, and in hard copy at our secured offices.
TGC takes the security of your personal information seriously and we implement a range of technical, administrative, personnel and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, interference and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and misuse, including using electronic and physical access restrictions to files containing personal information and ensuring encryption of personal information sent and received.
9. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
It is important to us that the information we hold about you is up-to-date, accurate and complete, and we will try to confirm your details through our communications with you and promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records when we are advised.
If any of your details change, please notify us as soon as you can. If you believe we are holding information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can ask us to correct it, or delete it altogether.
If you would like to access your personal information, or ask us to update, correct or delete it, you can do so by contacting us in writing and verifying your identity. We will do our best to respond to your request within 30 days.
We will only refuse access in exceptional circumstances, and if this is the case, we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
We may charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
10. PRIVARY COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
We take your complaints seriously and will attempt to resolve your issue quickly and fairly.
If you believe that TGC has breached the APPs, or you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information:
- you may make a complaint addressed to the TGC Privacy Officer. The complaint must identify you and be in writing;
- the TGC Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a response setting out TGCs decision in writing within 30 days of receipt of your complaint; and
- if TGC is unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on their website www.oaic.gov.au.
11. OUR CONTACT DETAILS
(02) 4916 3000
(02) 4916 3030
The Privacy Officer
The Glove Company Pty Limited
3/29 Shearwater Drive
TAYLORS BEACH NSW 2316