Headquarters in Paradise
The Glove Company Headquarters is based in an amazing and unique location, Port Stephens just north of Newcastle – the second biggest and second oldest city in New South Wales. Newcastle stands at the mouth of the Hunter River which extends inland for 180 kilometres.
Newcastle is a vibrant cosmopolitan harbour city with plentiful beaches linked by the Bathers Way coastal walk stretching from Nobbys Beach and Merewether Beach. The walk provides access to Bogey Hole, a convict-built ocean bath from the colonial period. Also along the path is the 1800s Fort Scratchley, a historic site and viewpoint for watching migrating whales.
Things to do in Newcastle
- Arts and culture – if you enjoy exploring local art galleries and museums, you’ll find plenty to experience in Newcastle. It has a thriving arts culture that has launched many talented artist, actors, models (Jennifer Hawkins), singers (including the infamous SilverChair band), dancers and filmmakers. Visit the Newcastle Art Gallery and enjoy the Newcastle Jazz Festival.
- Outdoor Adventures – soar to new heights at the TreeTop Adventure Park, learn to surf, explore the harbour on a kayak tour, take a dolphin or whale watching tour, go quad-bike riding or camel riding on the sandunes, go kart racing, go rock climbing, play golf with a view, watch the local football team “the Knights” or see some local wildlife at Blackbutt Reserve or Oakdale Farm
- Travel around the country is easy with the Newcastle Airport just 30 minutes from the city
- Visit the gorgeous Hunter Valley and enjoy the home of some of the oldest wine families in Australia and the annual Lovedale Long Lunch
- culinary delights are available in Newcastle from the Hunter Street Organic Markets to hundreds of eateries featuring regional food in four distinct neighbourhoods
- Home to the world's biggest coal export harbour in the southern hemisphere
Beautiful Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Dolphin and Whale watching tours
Camel rides on Stockton Beach
Explore the Hunter Valley Vineyards & Olive Farms